Thursday, September 15, 2011

Never forget how to play.


I had a dream many years ago to always keep track of my life and how fun it is to live it. What happens when we lose track of day by day silly happenings and forget to laugh and play is a mystery. Playing is fun. Let’s make sure we have lots of time to play. When was the last time you went down a slide or rode a merry go round or played on a teeter tauter? Do we have these toys now or are they dangerous? ( so many new rules it takes the fun out of fun things) I think a few years ago I read all the fun toys were being removed and replaced with less fun things because of fear of injury. When we were young and playing in the park, the worst thing that happened was a skinned knee or a little bump. What fun it was. Hand over hand on the monkey bars was so hard, but once you got the hang of it you got very strong and oh so proud you could get to the other end.   
Now we have water parks and lots of exciting things to do I guess, but lots of money to spend on all of it. I prefer  to just walk to the park and play on the fun things. One fun thing is to just watch the kids and the people in the park. It’s fun to make up stories about what you are watching too. Maybe I will write about the stories next time.
I may have to take a walk and see what I can see.
Thanks for listening.

5 comments:

  1. I didn't get to be the first! Dang it! lol
    I love this ... you are no longer a virgin and I am so proud of YOU.

    Excellent virginal post and wonderful view on LIVING, not existing.

    Great job, Jeanne and welcome to my world! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes I agree. You can't find happiness, you have to be happiness.
    Enjoyed your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be 50 in a few months and I love the park, especially the swings. I loved raising my kids and am now having a blast with the grands--maybe part of the reason is that I get to play without anyone looking at me funny. ;O)

    Oh, and welcome to the GBE...I hope you have LOTS of fun with us!

    ReplyDelete