Saturday, October 29, 2011

MEET THE FAIRIES


Fairy is such a great word. It has so many meanings I can’t begin to talk about. My experience with fairies is so very simple. One day I came home and some wonderful home cooked food mysteriously was in my frig. Now that made me wonder. I really didn’t think I was old enough to be senile yet. Where did it come from? I talked to my friend Fran and we decided it was a food fairy. A few days later my sweet Daughter in law showed up with some delicious home cooked food. I asked her if she was the one that put the food in my frig and she said no. Hmmmmm now it’s getting interesting. Just where is this coming from?. Finally my youngest daughter came to visit and asked me if I liked the great food she had left for me. Well I guess I am not senile yet. What a nice thing to do for her Mom. The food just keeps coming and you can call it leftovers if you want, but I call it delish. The other day my oldest Daughter was making quiche and being me, I said I love quiche. Well guess what showed up at my house? Yep and it was so awesome. All my kids spoil me and I love it. So now you know about FOOD FAIRIES.

New fairies have arrived. I call them GOOD NEIGHBOR FAIRIES. When I got back from the store the other day a team of people ( kids, mom, dad and all) raking my yard. WOW WHAT A SIGHT TO SEE. All of them were working hard to get all my leaves and those heavy walnuts to the road for leaf pick up next week. I had to take many deep breaths so I didn’t just burst into tears, but I made it. As I looked around one young 16 year old boy I couldn’t quite place was working very hard and I walked up to him and asked why he was raking my leaves. He said I knew you wouldn’t remember me. I did remember him. He used to live next door to me for a short time a few years ago. He said he could not stand to see me have to rake all those heavy nuts and leaves so he came over to do it for me. Thank you so much Corey you are a wonderful person. I hope he is not rare but I think you don’t see this kindness in such a young person very often. I also need to mention MY FRIEND J.J. was busy emptying the old flower pots and was raking some also. He is quite the helper and a good apple eater too.

Last week another fairy arrived. THE GARBAGE CAN FAIRIES. Went to the store and noticed I had not taken in the garbage cans from the day before. “I’ll get them when I get back” When I got back I took in groceries and went about my business. Later I thought about the cans and went to the door and they were gone. At first I thought someone stole them, and then who would want them. I looked to see where I keep them and sure enough they were put away. Hence a new fairy has come to town.  

As my life continues with such wonderful people coming into my life I will always hope for more fairies to come along. I hope I always leave a good feeling with them so they enjoy helping lots of people. We all need to be aware of older people that need a little bit of help in their elder years.

6 comments:

  1. Lucky you! I don't have any fairies, but some days, I could sure use a few.
    See? Karma is real. You give, you get. Simple enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel very blessed to be surrounded by so many kind friends. I love how new people can become friends in minutes and be with you for a life time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed this blog. It made me think about my mom, and how since my Dad left this world 18 years ago, we too, are there for her when she needs us. Like you, she is very appreciative and aware of "good fairies" and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you beachlover. I am blessed by so many it makes my heart full of love. Take care of your Mom, she needs you.

    ReplyDelete